A 25% deposit is due at the time of booking and is required to secure your reservation. This fee is applied to your total rental fees. The remaining 75% is due 45 days before your check-in date.
We sure hope you don’t need to cancel, but we understand that unexpected things can occur. Since a cancellation at the last minute makes it harder to fill your spot, the refund varies depending on how close you are to your check-in date.
Sunset Ridge Scrapbooking Retreat is very well equipped with nearly everything you will need. However, please bring personal products (shampoo, toothpaste, etc.), Keurig K-cups for your preferred beverage, and food. Three hair dryers are provided (one for each bathroom). Linens and towels are provided.
Yes, we offer hundreds of paper themes for nearly every type of event, babies, weddings, vacations, sports, etc. for 25 cents per sheet. There are also many stamps, ink pads, scrapbooking books, and a free swap basket.
The kitchen truly has everything you need, including of course all the big things like refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, cooktop and oven. Plus, you have about every gadget you can want, like Cuisinart, blender, juicer, George Forman grill, toaster and ice cream maker. Also, there is an entire cupboard of spices and baking items, like flour, sugar, oils etc. All pots, pans, dishes, silverware and dishes are provided, with place settings for 1o or more. The refrigerator also has basic condiments for your use, like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc.
Several massage therapists are available for mobile visits. Please contact them directly for scheduling and payments. Cheryl Ann, firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-631-4866, or Cara, email@example.com, 540-878-7085.
One of the wonderful things about Sunset Ridge is that it feels peaceful and quiet, yet is very close to everything! For starters, there is a quaint country store just 5 minutes away – a great place for homestyle cooking and to pick up basic grocery items. Then, Front Royal, VA is within about 25 minutes and has EVERYTHING: restaurants, bars, shopping, groceries, Home Depot – you name it. Winchester is about 30 minutes away and offers even more variety. Middleburg is also about 30 minutes away – a great town for shopping, antiquing and strolling the streets!
Regular check-in is 4:00 PM and check-out is 12:30 PM.Early check-ins and late check-outs are possible depending on other reservations. Please ask!
There will be small signs in the chalet to help you with various things, including how to use the electronics! The most important things to the homeowner are as follows:
The property is not child-proof and, in general, we prefer mature adults in the property. After all, this is a getaway from the stresses in life, right?! If you would like to bring children, please contact the owner. While we love pets, we do not allow them in the chalet since other guests may be allergic. Plus a group of ten is already a handful! The homeowner is allergic to cigarette smoke, so please smoke outside on the deck if needed, but be careful not to put ashes over the balcony.
The property can accommodate 10 guests or less.
The chalet is located on a big, beautiful mountain which is why you get the stunning views. You will travel on paved highways for most of your trip, however the last 1.5 mile is a gravel country road with some inclines as you climb the short road to the chalet.This road is regularly maintained by the county and is wide enough for two cars.If there is chance of snow or ice, 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicles are strongly recommended.
Your safety is the first priority. If there is a risk of inclement weather, there is a lenient cancellation policy and you will get a full refund. The homeowner will also monitor the weather and alert you if there is concern.
VRBO is used for booking. They accept credit cards and Paypal.
Yes, you may! However, we ask that you please be careful and observe the rules. Any mis-use of either item may mean that these items are no longer available for guests in the future, and we wouldn’t want that to happen!
A custom-built walking ramp has been built so you can roll your supplies directly from the parking area to the entrance of the crop room on the lower level. Carpeted stairs are necessary to access the crop room from within the chalet.
Anything your heart desires! It’s your private 5’ space to use as you want: scrapping, quilting, jewelry-making, painting, paper crafts, writing – whatever! Please note that sewing machines require a lot of electricity, so no more than 5 or 6 are recommended. Also PLEASE, no spray painting inside the chalet.
Please coordinate with your other guest for a smooth arrival and departure. There is parking for 3-4 cars directly by the chalet.
Yes. WIFI is available throughout the chalet, and cell coverage is good to great for the vast majority of guests. A landline phone is provided if you need to make a call and your cell coverage is not acceptable.